If you have talent, initiative, and a desire to join a thriving global company with a wealth of career opportunities, you can make a world of a difference at Donaldson, a leading provider of filtration solutions. Our culture is based on the strong values of integrity, respect, and commitment. Click on this link to learn more about a career at Donaldson: https://youtu.be/9Ez8p0IWBS4?list=PL0EBCCEBBFB532527
Seeking a motivated and talented individual for the position of Director, Strategy and Marketing at the Bloomington headquarters of Donaldson Company. The Strategy and Marketing Director will lead the development and execution of the company’s strategic planning process, market intelligence framework, integrated marketing planning, strategic pricing initiatives and digital transformation roadmap. This leadership role will support the executive team in identifying potential new growth opportunities, acquisition targets, and new markets for the company. They will work with various entities and businesses within Donaldson to drive accelerated growth and profitability by executing the strategic priorities of the company.
Primary Responsibilities (with estimated time allocation):
40% - Strategy and Planning
- Responsible for managing the strategic planning process at the Corporate level and for the global Engine and Industrial businesses. Leads process development and refinement, market intelligence, and plan development with businesses and entities around the world.
- Develop and propose business strategies and tactics in coordination with the regional and global business leaders.
- Develop business plans for potential new growth opportunities and acquisition strategies to supplement our organic growth plans.
- Build and manage a high-performing market intelligence team to support the strategic planning process.
- Conduct assessment of market and industry attractiveness, competitive advantage, market share, competitor analysis and value chain analysis.
- Actively identifies and researches target market segments in order to assess/prioritize the best opportunities for growth.
- Monitor economic, market and competitor activities for the business. Coordinates research efforts with global and regional strategy and marketing leaders.
40% - Marketing Leadership
- Drive all phases of our digital strategy across business units and around the world. Leads the development and execution of our digital roadmap, including digital asset management, global website, eCommerce platform, marketing automation, CRM, social media and analytics tools.
- Champion and represent voice of the customer. Drive continuous improvement in the customer experience and journey. Identify, measure and manage key customer experience and satisfaction/loyalty metrics.
- Develop, implement and manage product and marketing plans, merchandising and promotional programs, catalogs and integrated marketing communication plans to drive the sales and profit objectives of the company.
- Develop relationships with key decision makers to understand business potential and identify how to deliver a differentiated value proposition to the market.
- Develop and implement global product brand strategies for existing and new product lines that enhance global market share and drive customer acceptance.
- Build brand awareness and brand equity through the implementation of a cohesive brand strategy globally.
- Lead market research initiatives that provide comprehensive market insights, competitive intelligence, brand positioning, customer needs analysis and future business opportunities.
- Lead strategic pricing analysis and initiatives that drive growth and optimize profitability in the organization.
20% - People, Technology and Budget Management
- Work collaboratively with business unit, regional and functional leaders to align team priorities and project staffing with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Collaborate and coordinate with international colleagues to globalize the strategy and marketing function.
- Build a world-class strategy and marketing organization. Hire, develop and lead a high-performing team. Team currently consists of 5 direct reports and 25+ indirect reports.
- Develop the Marketing Technology (MarTech) roadmap to drive our digital strategy.
- Manage vendors, agencies and external partners to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Prepare and manage annual strategy and marketing budget.
Candidates most successful in this role possess:
- Bachelor’s degree Technical, Finance or Marketing - MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in strategy, marketing, product mgmt, pricing or related function
- Multi-cultural and international experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- Proven ability in strategic planning, market intelligence, marketing and pricing
- Track record of leading an organization wide multi-year strategic planning process
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- Ability to plan, organize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to build partnerships cross-functionally and globally, and work collaboratively with key business leaders in Donaldson
- Ability to assemble and lead a high-performing team to deliver on the needs of the business