Social Media Strategist
The social media strategist oversees social media strategy for Hanley Wood Marketing and its clients, including channel strategy, content strategy, paid promotion and audience targeting, and working with our analytics team to manage performance. This is a high visibility, client-facing role.
The social media strategist is the agency’s social media thought leader, educating other team members and clients on best practices, tools and trends, and serves as the agency’s social media new business lead. This includes competitive research and marketplace opportunities.
The social media strategist routinely digs into individual social platforms and tools in order to analyze user engagement and content performance. Success requires a deep understanding of our clients’ social media audience segments, as well as an ability to optimize content for peak performance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead social media strategy for our clients, advising them on everything from channel selection to audience targeting/boosting to daily content ideas and opportunities.
- Supervise our community manager and motivate and guide our broader social media team, which includes designers, developers and analysts.
- Plan and develop all aspects of client social media strategies: channel selection, profile launch, governance planning, content creation, community management and engagement analysis
- Provide guidance and strategic recommendations leveraging paid and organic social
- Oversee and contribute to social channel content/calendars and provide creative direction during development
- Lead social media strategy and performance discussions with key clients
- Periodic evaluation of social media management, listening and reporting tools to assess potential value and efficiencies
- Make recommendations for testing opportunities to increase community engagement
- Keep up-to-date with emerging social platform capabilities, making recommendations to clients to test as appropriate
- Work with account teams to help define project scope and budget
- Consult on strategy and development of new-biz pitches and RFPs, including audience and online-conversation assessments, as well as cross-channel/integrated content strategy
- 5+ years relevant experience in social media marketing, community management, and content management
- Strong technical background in addition to the creativity required to develop responsive, interesting original content
- Must have experience with social media tools including BuzzSumo, SproutSocial, TweetDeck, Hootsuite, Pulsar, etc.
- Experience in an agency setting and/or strategy consulting across multiple industries a plus
- Strong ability to earn confidence from clients and internal teams
- Understands the interaction between strategy, content, and audience management
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
Education and Certifications Required
- S. or B.A. degree required
The above job description is designed to indicate a general sense of the duties and expectations of this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required. As the nature of our business demands change, so too may the duties of this position.
About Hanley Wood
About Hanley Wood Marketing
Our unique combination of world-class brand strategy and content marketing solutions creates new possibilities for businesses, drives ROI, and helps customers grow.
You will work in a culture that’s highly collaborative, creative, and respectful. You’ll join colleagues who work across departments and teams, freely sharing knowledge, capabilities, and strategies to bring the greatest possible value to each project.
HWM’s cross-industry client roster includes clients of every size, including Fortune 50, 100 and 300 clients: FedEx, 3M and Sherwin-Williams, We were named Agency of the Year by FedEx in 2012 and Partner of the Year by Sherwin-Williams in 2010. Our creative work has earned the nation’s top content marketing awards from the Custom Content Council, FOLIO, BtoB Online, and many others. Please visit our site at: www.hanleywoodmarketing.com.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers.
Follow Hanley Wood on Social Media:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hanleywood
- Twitter: @hanleywoodHR
- Instagram: @hanleywoodcareers
Hanley Wood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.