Marketing Communication Manager
*upon offer, candidates must complete a background check*
Summary: Position is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communication plans for investment products and services (i.e. managed accounts, investment research, alternative investments, retirement plans, etc.) through our nationwide network of ~10,000 financial professionals.
Resource will also supports efforts designed to increase awareness, understanding and use of investment products with advisors, clients and sales consulting groups. This position reports to the Vice President, Product Marketing, Communications and Sales Strategy.
Position will focus the majority of the time on:
• Developing investment performance conversation materials, tools and resources – how to have a value added conversation around risk, time, actions and returns of investments individually and overall
• Categorizing and organizing investments by solution, need and goals
• Developing risk tolerance and time frame materials
• Building upon asset allocation materials
• Create marketing and communication plans to support product initiatives. Work with large cross-functional teams across the organization to ensure alignment and integration.
• Plans, writes and implements marketing and communication strategies and tactics that support integrated plans.
Works individually or with a team to prepare communications, sales literature, etc.
• Serve as primary liaison with internal partners – legal, compliance, creative services, production services, product development, trading desk, etc.
• Drive measurable program results. Track program participation and results and provide recommendations for improvements, execute approved recommendations quickly.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent in a related field
• 5+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
• Strong knowledge of investment products and services (i.e. mutual funds, ETFs, equities, bonds, UITs, investment research, etc.) especially related to performance and investing risk tolerance
• Experience in developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies and plans
• Strong, demonstrated writing skills -- including content research and audience strategies
• Proven ability to motivate and influence internal partners
• Demonstrated ability to work as a leader within teams and ability to influence others
• Exceptional marketing, communication, project management and organizational skills
• Capable of interacting with variety of individuals cross-organizationally
• Must be a self-starter and have ability to work independently
• Proven ability to think fast, respond quickly and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to prioritize, coupled with strong attention to detail
Horizontal Integration is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal Integration will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.