Careers that Change Lives
As a Brand/Communications Specialist within the Restorative Therapies Group (RTG), Pain Therapies, you will be responsible for delivering marketing communications tactics that generate awareness, influence behavior and drive adoption of assigned therapies. You will be responsible for collaborating with product and therapy marketing teams to create effective, customer-centric communications that advance business objectives and deliver results. You will use your excellent relationship building and collaboration skills to sustain strong partnerships with your peers in RTG Communications. In this role you will report to the Senior Manager, Brand/Marketing Communications.
A Day in the Life
- Develop and implement integrated marketing communication tactics that facilitate the achievement of business objectives in support of promotional initiatives. Tactics include conference graphics, videos, and promotional materials; brochures; sell sheets; mailers; and digital media (web sites, social media, email).
- Coordinate photo and video shoots to support product launches and campaigns
- Track, measure, and analyze the results of communications tactics.Act as brand steward and support efforts in creating on-brand positioning, messaging, strategies and tactics for assigned therapies/products
- Partner with therapy/product marketing colleagues to ensure the successful development and execution of tactics that are cost effective and produce measurable results
- Manage projects, budgets, and vendors to ensure the timely, cost-effective delivery of high-quality, on-brand work.
- Collaborate with peers in RTG Communications to continuously improve systems and processes, solve problems, and improve the effectiveness of the job or the business function.
- Communicate across functions to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input and support decision-making.
- Build and sustain strong, collaborative relationships with business partners, and peers in functions including Legal, Clinical, Regulatory, and Marketing.
General responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, creates, and produces marketing, advertising, and sales promotion materials to implement marketing strategies and sales objectives.
- Produces informational material for the sales force and for communications media to reach maximum number of customers and prospects.
- Evaluates and modifies promotion or advertising programs.
- Prepares and/or approves all technical and artistic phases of the finished promotional material.
- Consults with company management, product managers, sales department, and advertising agencies to develop and implement promotional plans and recommend sales philosophy, approach, and media.
- May purchase promotional materials including, but not limited to, displays/signage/pre-packs, promotional printing, coupons, premiums, art, and photography.
- May perform, coordinate, or oversee activities such as layout, sales kit preparation, display arrangement, internet promotions and sales outline writing.
- May choose agency and source of placement.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field and at least 2+ years of Marketing and/or Communications experience
- Experience in developing, implementing, and measuring business-to business and business- to- consumer marketing communications tactics/programs, using multiple channels, including digital/social media.
- Experience developing compelling promotional content for across channels, with a focus on digital media.
- Knowledge of RTG therapies.
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience with medical technology/medical device industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective relationships across a variety of functions and with all levels of management and employees.
- Experience successfully managing budgets and outside resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with complex and sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently and excel under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Independent thinker
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.