Institution:ANOKA RAMSEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
11200 Mississippi Blvd
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Classification:Information Officer 1 (Classified MAPE)
Responsibilities:This position is responsible for professional work developing external marketing and public relations-communications materials to meet objectives and action items of Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s and Anoka Technical College’s strategic plan and marketing plan. The responsibilities of the position include serving as a project and tracking coordinator, creative writer for various promotional materials (print and electronic) that contain broad public interest and increase public awareness in the community served by Anoka-Ramsey Community College and Anoka Technical College. The incumbent serves as the coordinator for several college projects, and as a writer, social media content creator, website content editor, desktop publishing coordinator and print buyer. The incumbent coordinates the preparation and dissemination of public information through media press release, websites, social media, and digital signage. The incumbent works closely with graphic designers, marketing and public relations team and college leaders to prepare effective communications to meet the needs of target audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of methods and techniques of presenting to the public
- Knowledge of marketing, printing, editing, proofreading, print and electronic marketing and promotion
- Microsoft office software sufficient to develop presentations, desktop publishing software sufficient to create/format publications
- Ability to write persuasively and effectively to fit the communication medium and targeted audience
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Web content management software knowledge
- Event organizing experience
- Knowledge of the college’s mission, vision, strategic plan and programs, and the ability to integrate information into marketing materials for targeted audiences
- Knowledge of and interest in diverse culture and populations
Application Procedure:This position is posted on the Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) website from November 5, 2018- November 19, 2018. The Job ID is 27887.
Submit your resume and supporting information to the careers page on the MMB Career website.
Please note that paper and emailed applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications may not be considered.