Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
|Position Title: Communications Assistant|
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and create print and visual presentation materials for corporate and external audiences in support of key communications and business unit goals and the Xcel Energy brand typically in limited scope projects. In addition, this position will support staff with customer touch points including PR and social media campaigns, events, and marketing collateral along with various communications and marketing tasks, which will vary, but may include presentation decks, research, minimal copy writing, etc. This position will also be responsible for management of small communications projects and report maintenance.
- Assist Communications team in creating messages, collateral and design services.
- Work with the Communications team on limited scope projects that may include social media posts, web content, employee communications, marketing and other activities that meet reputational and/or business unit goals.
- Support multiple Communications leads and assisting in all aspects of communications project planning and management, including: coordinating creation and revision of collateral, invoice processing and tracking, identifying and solving process issues, tracking budget detail.
- Coordinate special communications projects upon request including: organizing and participating in special promotions, trade shows, seminars, training presentations, and customer and vendor visits/presentations.
- Support department staff with administrative duties such as expense reports, ordering supplies, setting up meetings, travel arrangements, vendor contracts, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience in communications and a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications, journalism, marketing or equivalent field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work on project teams.
- Must have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Corporate Secretary & Exec Svc || 71225:Strategic Communications Corp || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16370
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Communications, Marketing Communications, Sustainability, Gas, Marketing, Energy