At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone’s day and putting a smile on their face!
The Social Media Specialist is a social rock star who will be responsible for Caribou Coffee's social media community. This role is the point person for creating and executing online content and identifying new social trends and functionality to increase our engagement with the online audience. The Social Media Specialist is responsible for moving an initiative from an idea to execution through proposal preparation and then overseeing the production process.
- Manage our social presence and creative executions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Create and manage engaging, shareable content across all social channels to ensure alignment with overall marketing messages.
- Identify, research, and recommend innovative social opportunities concentrating on trends and cutting-edge innovation.
- Actively research current trends related to market and competition, including analyzing current digital marketing tactics, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Partner to develop and execute strategic plans and promotions to grow followers and increase engagement within social channels.
- Partner with internal teams to maximize the value of our partnerships throughout the year via social channels.
- Monitor and engage daily in relevant social discussions with our customers.
- Consult with other departments to collect pertinent opportunities to post and work with team to create a content calendar.
- Create & manage social scorecard to present results to broader organization.
- Ability to self-manage while managing projects under tight deadlines.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Customer oriented.
- Insatiable need for innovation and ability to identify trends.
- Excellent copywriting/communication and influencing skills.
- Understanding of basic photography skills.
- An eye for capturing the essence brand through product and lifestyle shots.
- Designer skills (knowledge in Photoshop and/or Lightroom is preferred).
- Project management & planning.
- Execute with precision.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Superior time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
- Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to deliver results, successfully interacting with key departments.
- Must be willing to have flexible hours for events/posts/responses at night and on the weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications or related field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in social community management required.
- Experience managing social channel platforms required.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Coffee & Bagel Brands reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Coffee & Bagel Brands are committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal treatment in employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender/gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, military status or any other basis in protected by applicable federal, state and local law. Coffee & Bagel Brands makes employment decisions based solely on the basis of qualifications for the job.