- Job Description
1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved
brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ),
is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading
franchisor, there are more than 6,700 independently owned and operated
restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 25 countries around the world. IDQ
is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by
Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Relations Manager located out of our Franchise Support Center in Edina, MN. As a key member of the Integrated Marketing Team, the PR Manager oversees Public Relations and Influencer Marketing efforts for International Dairy Queen (IDQ), from ideation through execution. The PR Manager develops a strategic vision that drives awareness, affinity and equity for the Dairy Queen brand, products, charitable programs and strategic initiatives. Additionally, the PR Manager collaborates with integrated marketing staff and cross-functional teams to develop campaigns, and ensures these campaigns are effectively communicated across the Dairy Queen system. Responsibilities include building and managing a Public Relations calendar and budget to drive traffic into our 4,500+ U.S. franchisee locations; planning and executing campaigns that ensure our brand maintains relevance among key audience targets; and leading publicity-driving events with measurable value, which garner positive impressions for Dairy Queen. This individual partners with celebrities, content creators, Dairy Queen Crew and other influencers to tell the Dairy Queen story in creative, innovative ways. The PR Manager provides direction to an external PR firm, develops a media relations strategy, builds relationships with key members of the media, manages PR-related media inquiries, and occasionally serves as brand spokesperson.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Oversee Public Relations and Influencer Marketing efforts for International Dairy Queen (IDQ).
- Partnering with the Vice President of Marketing Communications, develop a public relations strategic vision, goals and plans. Build and manage a year-round Public Relations calendar and campaign budget to promote the Dairy Queen brand and drive traffic into our 4,500+ U.S. franchisee locations.
- Create and execute multi-media public relations events and campaigns with measureable value.
- Establish launch and publicity strategies for timely and culturally-relevant product initiatives. Drive strong sales during key seasonal periods.
- Develop and execute campaigns to support national cause marketing initiatives, helping to increase franchisee participation and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with other members of the Integrated Marketing Communications team and the larger U.S. Marketing team to complement and support mutual plans and goals.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media. Build and strengthen relationships with key members of the media. Manage media inquiries and interview requests other than those related to Crisis Management and Brand Protection matters, which will be addressed by the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Develop and deliver compelling messaging and proof points to use in publicity materials, franchisee presentations, executive updates, interview prep, and more.
- Establish influencer marketing strategy. Work with a range of influencers to create content, generate editorial coverage, and garner third-party endorsements and credibility for DQ products and campaigns.
- Lead and direct external PR firms to develop programs and activities to obtain positive brand impressions for DQ products. Challenge PR firms to strategically implement fresh, innovative public relations ideas and tactics.
- Lead and direct all press releases related to Public Relations initiatives, ensuring copy is positioned correctly and is creative, descriptive, ensuring as many media impressions as possible.
- As appropriate, speak on behalf of the IDQ Brand for public relation related purposes. Proactively prepare company executives for PR-related events in which they will participate, as well as PR-related speaking engagements.
- Monitor brand mentions in media. Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting IDQ and our consumers.
- Job requires travel within U.S. up to 20% of time.
- Required Skills
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate PR strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent writing skills. Demonstrated ability to create quality presentations, press materials, speeches and messaging, including the ability to develop these materials under tight timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Required Experience
- B.A in Advertising, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- PRSA a plus.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible Public Relations experience.
- Public Relations agency experience a plus.
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at the national level.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets; proven placement results.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience working within a QSR or retail brand a plus.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term
disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
Sunday, December 23, 2018
Dairy Queen - Public Relations Manager
Posted by Ryan May | @MNPR