Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.iHeartMedia Stations
Job Summary:iHeartMedia in Minneapolis is seeking a dynamic personality to entertain the Twin Cities in morning drive on Cities 97.1. This personality should understand how to engage and entertain our target listener, be a master content creator on air and online and have a keen understanding of activating our tribe using Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, et al). Strong work ethic, creativity, imagination, and exercise of independent professional judgment is a must. We’re looking for a star that sparkles one-on-one with listeners and our partners.
• Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintains a website personality page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
• Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
• Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Must have advanced knowledge of NexGen Digital studio.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions as needed.
• Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.
• Ability to perform as On-Air Announcer.
• Apply, upload resume and demo MP3.
• 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
• None required
LocationMinneapolis, MN: 1600 Utica Avenue South, Suite 500, 55416
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.